Toyo Proxes R1R
The Proxes R1R is Toyo's Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for driving enthusiasts looking for capabilities beyond normal street tire limitations. Developed from Toyo's years of grueling on-track experience, Proxes R1R tires are engineered to elevate performance in dry and wet conditions. However, like all Extreme Performance Summer tires, these tires are not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near- and below-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. It's also essential these tires be stored indoors at temperatures maintained above 15 degrees F.
The Proxes R1R molds a high-grip, silica-reinforced tread compound into an 8/32" to 9/32" deep directional Arrowhead tread design featuring an extra wide footprint to blend handling and performance during spirited dry-road driving with traction in wet conditions. The leading edges of the arrowheads are tapered to stabilize center block movement to reduce the possibility of irregular wear. Multi-Width EVAC Channels improve water evacuation from the center of the tread design to help increase hydroplaning resistance, while their narrow widths at the shoulders increase block size to enhance steering response and maintain block stiffness during aggressive braking.
- Improves grip for better handling performance during high-spirited driving.
- Stabilizes center block movement to decrease irregular wear.
- Helps to increase hydroplaning resistance.
- Improves steering response and handling.
- Provides resistance to irregular wear.
- Improves dry performance by maintaining block stiffness during aggressive braking.
- Improves water evacuation.
- Widens the shoulder block area to enhance steering response.
- Provides balanced performance between wet and dry conditions.